What would happen if your business was hit with a cyber-attack?
It doesn’t matter what kind of attack it is. Let’s say you’ve noticed some software on your network that you definitely didn’t put there.
What would you do?
If your first reaction would be “panic”, you’re not alone. If the panic’s because you don’t have a cyber-attack plan, you’ve got a problem.
67% of small and medium-sized businesses have experienced a cyber-attack of some form. And that means if you haven’t already, you will at some point.
It’s not enough to rely on defense. No security will protect you from 100% of attacks. You also need a resilience plan to ensure any successful attack causes minimal damage, downtime, and costs your business less.
There are 5 areas I recommend you cover in your plan:
- Identify: Know what parts of your infrastructure are critical to keep your business running
- Protect: Limit any threat against the most vital parts
- Detect: Employ constant monitoring to detect any threat immediately
- Respond: Who you need to report a potential breach to, and what actions they will take
- Recover: The steps to restore your business and its data to normal functionality
If you haven’t got a plan this should be a priority.
Can my team and I help you pull it together? It’s always easier to get experts involved in a specialist area. Give us a call.